Monday 18 June 2012

Another great way to use Google’s Street View service


I’ve found another great use for Google’s Street View service. Whenever I get emails advising me that I’ve been carefully selected to assist someone who is trying to launder some money, I can look up the address that’s been supplied and work out how genuine this particular offer appears to be.

For example, a few days ago the following email hit my inbox:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My Name are: James Francis from Florida USA I was the personal account officer of late Libyan Leader Omar Muammar al Gaddafi for 25year, before his dead last year 2011 he ask me to transfer a very huge amount of money about $20m (Twenty Million US Dollars) to a Commercial Bank in Malaysia (Chase Bank) for a twenty five story’s building he wanted to buy in SARAWAK MALAYSIA without a beneficiary name because of the nature of his country, Since after his death no one has come for the claim of the money due to the fact that there was no beneficiary to the fund.

Now the Bank (Chase Bank) is asking me to present the beneficiary of the money that they need to transfer the money back to the owner since the account is dormant for a long time now. After going through your profile and that of your company I believe you are the right person for this job since your company’s business correlates with a kind of business I would like to invest my own share of the money when is finally transferred.

But right now my healthy condition and security in my country I can’t transfer this fund to my personal account rather I want you to assist me to receive this fund"
If you would assist me with this I will compensate you with 30% of the total sum and at the same time invest my own money in your company’s business. More details will be sending to you when I receive your interest response.

You are free to call me for more information.

Thanks & Best Regard
James Francis,
5050 South Florida Ave, Suite 200-B
Lakeland, FL, 33813
H/P: +1-732-659-5513
jfrancis20@ymail.com


Does this proposal sound convincing to you?

And are you any more convinced when the Google Street View image (pictured) suggests that, at least at the time the image was taken, James Francis lives in an empty shopping mall?

I wasn’t that convinced, either.

Who else has had any similar emails from less-than convincing addresses recently?

.