Tuesday 26 June 2012

Who really falls for internet scams like these?


There obviously has to be one born every minute, but I really do wonder just how many people are foolish enough to be taken in by emails such as this one, which has recently landed in my spam box. My old English teacher would be turning in her grave, if she were to realise how people write these days. Mrs Bramble really was a stickler for punctuation and the correct use of capital letters:

PLEASE ENDEAVOUR TO USE IT FOR GOD.

Hello My Dearest,

I know how surprise this email might appear to you but i want you to consider it as a request for an assistance from a dying woman. My Name is Mrs. Elizabeth Wilson. from Israel but now undergoing medical treatment in Abidjan the capital city of Ivory Coast.

I am married to late Mr Benson Wilson, who worked with Israeli Embassy in Ivory Coast for Eleven years before he died in the year 2008, after a brief illness that lasted for only Ten days.

We were married for Eighteen years without any child. After the death of my husband i vowed to use our wealth for the down trodden and the less privileged in our society.

Recently, My Doctor told me that I may not last for the next seven months due to cancer problem, though what disturbs me most is my stroke and deaf problem.

Haven known my condition i decided to Serve God with our wealth. When my late husband was alive we kept the sum of ($7.6 Million U.S. Dollars) Seven million six hundred thousand united states dollars Having known my condition I decided to Give out this fund to a church or an individual or better still a God fearing person who will utilise this fund the way I am going to instruct here in.

I want an individual that will use this fund to provide succour to the poor and indigent persons, orphanages, widows around him or her and Schools etc. As soon as I receive your response I shall give you the contact of the Bank where the said fund is deposited I will also issue you the documents that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund.

Any delay in your reply will give me room in searching for an individual or this same purpose, always be prayerful all through your life.

Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hope to receive your reply soon.please reply me through this email eliza_jj03@yahoo.co.jp


Thanks and Remain Blessed.
Mrs.Elizabeth Wilson.



Image credit:
http://scamtrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/internet-scams.jpg

.