Monday 26 September 2011

What comes first? St Valentine’s Day or a new draft DP Directive?


Brid-Aine Parnell of The Register has just posted an interesting statement from Matthew Newman a spokesman for EU Commissioner Viviane Reding.

It gives credence to the blog I posted on 21 September, when I announced: if my chums are to be believed, and believe me, I believe them, I’m likely to enjoy Xmas lunch with my friends and family well before the new draft Data Protection Directive may be published.

Apparently, Matthew Norman has recently said: the reform of the Data Protection Directive is ongoing and our proposals should be released in the next 20 weeks.

Getting my calandar out, that’s awfully close to February 14th.

So there’s even less chance of hearing much about the proposed amendments then, this side of Xmas.


Source:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/26/viviane_reding_statement_withdrawn/

.